|Product Name:||Carbonyl Sulfide Hydrolysis Catalyst||Appearance:||White Spheres|
|Size:||Φ3-5 Mm||Bulk Density:||0.7-0.8 Kg/L|
|Crushing Strength (average):||50 N/cm||Loss On Attrition:||Max3%|
solid phosphoric acid catalyst
Carbonyl sulfide hydrolysis catalyst for promote hydrolysis reaction between carbonyl sulfide and water
1. Product features and scope of application
hydrolysis catalyst is mainly used to promote hydrolysis reaction between carbonyl sulfide and water. It can be used in different combinations with zinc oxide , iron oxide and activated carbon adsorbents according to different application cases to attain deep desulfurization. The main reaction involved is:
2. Physicochemical properties
|Bulk density||0.7-0.8 kg/L|
3. Quality norm
|crushing strength (average)||50 N/cm|
|loss on Attrition||max3%|
The catalyst can hydrolyze organic sulfur and adsorb various sulfur compounds. Total sulfur in liquid propylene treated by T-907 and Tc-22 is less than 0.1 ppm. Service life of the catalyst is about one year.
4. Operating condition
|Pressure||ambient to 5.0 MPa|
|L/D of reactor||min3|
|Sulfur (mainly COS)||max10ppm|
|Water in feed||max1500ppm|
(1). Clean the reactor of any debris.
(2). Screen out any dust in the catalyst.
(3). Install two layers of stainless wire net with smaller mesh size than the catalyst on grid of the reactor. Then install 100mm depth of φ20-30mm inert balls. The catalyst is separated from inert balls by a stainless wire net of smaller mesh size than the catalyst.
(4). Load the catalyst evenly from a height of less than 1 m into the reactor using special tools. Make sure that the catalyst is loaded uniformly. If inner-reactor is needed, the operator should step upon wooden plate laid upon top of the catalyst.
(5).Install a layer of stainless wire net with smaller mesh size than the catalyst and a 100 mm depth of φ20～30mm inert balls or rings to prevent stripping by gas stream and ensure uniform distribution of the gas flow.
6. Start-up and shutdown
(1) Close all inlet and outlet valves. Then open feed inlet valve and raise pressure at 0.5MPa/10 min.
(2) Slowly open the outlet valve after reactor pressure reaches feed pressure. Run at one-fourth load for 4h . Analyze outlet sulfur and ensure outlet sulfur concentration of less than 0.1 ppm.
(3) When outlet sulfur concentration is up to the controlled value, gradually advance to half load and then to full load in several hours.
(4) Close inlet valve first and then close outlet valve to disconnect the reactor from system before shutdown.
(5) Avoid wide scope fluctuation of pressure and load during operation which may impair the catalyst.
(6) Gradual increasing temperature within operating condition range is helpful to enhancing conversion over the catalyst
(7) The reactor should be fit up with vent pipeline to avoid contamination to downstream system by desorbed sulfur compounds during shutdown and lowering pressure.
7. Package and storage
(1) The catalyst is packed in plastic or iron barrels lined inside with plastic bags to prevent moisture or chemical attack.
(2) Avoid tumbling, collision and violent vibration during transportation.
Contact Person: James.Li