|Product Name:||Ambient-temperature Zinc Oxide Sorbent||Appearance:||Light Blue Extrusions|
|Size:||Φ4×4～15mm||Bulk Density:||0.9～1.1 Kg/L|
|Side Crush Strength:||≥40 N/cm||Attrition Loss:||≤ 6%|
|Breakthrough Sulfur Absorption Capacity:||≥10%（wt）|
solid phosphoric acid catalyst
Ambient-temperature Zinc Oxide Sorbent
1. Product features and scope of application
Zinc oxide sorbent is applicable to deep desulfurization of liquid propylene and industrial feed gases at ambient temperature. It not only absorbs hydrogen sulfide, but has certain conversion and absorption capability for COS in the stream.Overall sulfur(H2S+COS)in the treated stream can be less than 0.1ppm.
2. Physical properties
|Appearance||light blue extrusions|
|Bulk density||0.9～1.1 kg/L|
3. Quality norm
|Side crush strength||≥40 N/cm|
|Attrition loss||≤ 6%|
|Breakthrough sulfur absorption capacity||≥10%(wt)|
4 . Operation condition
|Pressure||ambient to 3.0MPa|
|L/D of the sorbent bed||＞3|
|Sulfur in feed stream(mainly H2S)||＜10ppm|
|Sulfur at the outlet||≤0.1 ppm|
No regeneration is needed for spent sorbent. But absorption may continue after the sorbent bed is broken through , until the catalyst is finally saturated with sulfur. For example, feed stream can pass through 1st reactor even when it has been broken through, until it is saturated with sulfur and changed. This lowers sulfur content in the stream to 2nd reactor and makes full play of the absorption capacity of the sorbent in 1st reactor.
5 . Loading
(1). Clean the reactor of any debris and screen out any dust from the sorbent.
(2). Install two layers of stainless wire net of smaller mesh size than the sorbent and then 100mm depth of Φ20～30mm inert balls on grid of the reactor. And again install two layers of stainless wire net of smaller mesh size than the sorbent on top of the inert balls.
(3). Use special tools to load the sorbent evenly into the reactor. Inspect uniformity of the loading. When inner-reactor operation is needed, lay a plate on the sorbent first for the operator to step upon.
(4). Install a layer of stainless wire net of smaller mesh size than the sorbent and 100 depth ofΦ20～30m inert balls on top of the bed to prevent stripping of the sorbent by process stream and ensure uniform distribution of process flow.
6. Start-up and shutdown
(1) Close all inlet and outlet valves before start-up. Then open liquid propylene inlet valve and raise pressure at 0.5MPa/ 10 min.
(2) Open the outlet valve slowly after reactor pressure approaches that of that feed. Run at a quarter load for four hours and analyze outlet sulfur to ensure an outlet sulfur concentration of no greater than 0.1 ppm.
(3) Enhance to half load when outlet sulfur concentration is up to the process requirement and transit to full load operation in several hours.
(4) Close inlet valve first and then close outlet valve to disconnect the reactor from system before shutdown.
(5) Avoid wide scope fluctuation in pressure and load, which may impair the sorbent.
(6) For gaseous feed desulfurization system, purge the system with inert gas (e.g., nitrogen) before start-up or after shutdown. For the rest of procedure, please refer to procedure for T907 Liquid Propylene Desulfurization Sorbent.
7. Transportation and storage
The sorbent is packed in plastic or iron barrels lined inside with plastic bags to avoid moisture or chemical attack.
Contact Person: James.Li